Elmendorf Heritage and Railroad MuseumThe Elmendorf Heritage and Railroad Museum (EHRM) was established in October of 2008 and is a division of the San Antonio Railroad Heritage Museum (SARHM). SARHM is a Texas Not-for-Profit, educational organization.
MissionOur mission is to collect, preserve and display historical artifacts of the community of Elmendorf, Texas and also promoting Elmendorf's railroad history.
EHRM was founded by SARHM in October 2008
Held several data collection events, for artifacts, photos, and information. These events were held at St. Anthony's Church Hall.
Museum was opened December 6, 2015.
Purchased a Southern Pacific Intermediate Track Signal
« Previous« PreviousFoundedFoundedBeginning ActivitiesBeginning ActivitiesRecent HistoryRecent HistoryAcquisitionsAcquisitionsNext »Next »
- Finish repairing and repurposing the storage barn behind the museum into a workshop for fabricating and repairing museum displays
- Expand our community membership and participation (Fill out a membership app and Join Today)
- Build a signal base for displaying the Southern Pacific Intermediate Signal
- Make the signal operational for display purposes
- Build a display track for displaying railroad equipment
- Acquisition of property which was the original location of the SAAP Depot in Elmendorf
- Build a replica of the original SAAP Depot