Hi, I'm topper844

Posted
Rating:
#352 (In Topic #334)
Site Member
topper844 is in the usergroup ‘Site Member’
I have been following the ALAMO since UP sold it in about 1972.  I have dozens of pix of the car and maybe a copy of the PULLMAN work order to build the car. …Highly detailed. A great car. Sadly brothers who inherited it could not agree on the time of day let alone selling the car. Cost the car dearly!

How did you get it ??

Decades ago, when i first tried to purchase the car in Houston, I worked up a plan how to move it out of the back yard and over to an old existing siding near a lumber yard. One brother said the neighbor would allow rolling over his property, etc.  Is this how you got it out? Or is it still sitting there??

Glad you have it……. fix the roof and window seals first. Then off you go…….. section out the siding…clean out the old insulation so it will not catch fire when you re weld new pcs.

I will be in ALBQ soon to see he 2926.  Retired so have the time.  Wish i was nearer. I would volunteer to get it back to shape.

Doug Brown
Crownsville, MD
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Members of the Museums
TexasTrainLady is in the usergroup ‘Editor’
 Hello  I am Texas Train Lady

I am a member of the museum and a Director. The Alamo was donated to us by the man who bought the estate, We had it moved  from Houston to our museum in Elmendorf, Texas, Several of us helped the mover get the car ready to be moved, followed it durning the move as well. I was there when the car was set on the Display Track, with the cranes. members of our museum built the display track the car is sitting on.

We are very interested in any information, especially photos of the Alamo 127. We plan to do a complete restoration of the car. Right now we are working on a cosmetic exterior restoration, untill we raise the funds for a complete job. we are working on parts of the interior as well.

The Alamo is on display at our museum division, Elmendorf Heritage and Railroad Museum. Tours on Saturdays 12-6,
 Check out our Facebook pages.

MR
Online now: No Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.